- Gangster Sailor didn't appear during the film.
- The film itself is a remake of the Season 2 episode, Green Bob VS. 3 Ballerinas Dancers with more characters like Bobby, Little Guy, Geo Guy, and more characters. The Friends need to save the parents from Doom Vercetti and her bad guys.
- The explosion scene parodies the 1988 film, Die Hard. The opening titles also parody the opening scene for Die Hard's 1995 third sequel, Die Hard with a Vengeance.
- There's an easter egg in the comic book that features Kenny from South Park.
- The film was originally rated G by the MPAA, but TjsWorld2011 felt that the film was not for younger children due to mild violence, so it was later re-rated PG.
- This was the first film that features Doom Vercetti.
- The film was originally to be scheduled for release on November 21, 1997, but it was pushed back to December 23, 1997 to avoid competition with Anastasia.
- Doom Vercetti was originally meant to die in the early drafts of the film.
- This is the very first Geo's World film ever made.
- Both Geo's 1st Movie and A Bug's Life are popular for using the "The Time of Your Life" song by Randy Newman. By coincidence, both movies musical score were composed by Randy Newman and also made by Pixar.
- The film was edited a little bit to get a K rating in Greece.
- This movie made its network premiere on ABC in December 2000. It later made its Cable Premiere on DIsney Channel on January 12, 2001.
- In the scene when Geo Guy rides the helicopter, his eyes turn white for 1 second, then normal again.
- Geo Guy accidentally colored purple in one scene.