- REDIRECT Template:Infobox song
The Peanuts Movie: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is the soundtrack album by various artists for The Peanuts Movie, a 2015 3D computer-animated comedy film based on the 1950s comic strip Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz. It was released on October 23, 2015 through Epic Records. Following the announcement that Christophe Beck would score the film, it was revealed that Meghan Trainor would write an original song for the soundtrack. The song, titled "Better When I'm Dancin'", was released as a promotional single from the soundtrack on October 13, 2015. Along with Beck and Trainor, the soundtrack features songs by Vince Guaraldi Trio and Flo Rida.
In October 2014, 20th Century Fox revealed that Christophe Beck would score the film. Beck stated, "With the Peanuts movies, I grew up on those specials from the '60s and '70s, that, of course, rerun to this day. I'm very fond of all that Vince Guaraldi music, so what we did was try to find spots in the film where we could sort of touch down and remind people who were watching the film that it's still a Peanuts movie, and there's still a place for that music in the film. There's a bunch of spots where we quote the Guaraldi music, or we actually re-record his pieces quite faithfully." He also added that the score would be more orchestral than Guaraldi's previous scores, which were mainly a small jazz combo. Jazz pianist David Benoit contributed to Beck's score. On July 28, 2015, Fox announced that American singer-songwriter Meghan Trainor was writing and performing an original song for the film, titled "Better When I'm Dancin'". About the song, Trainor stated that "They wanted a song about confidence and knew I was good at writing those. I feel better when I’m onstage dancing and having fun, so I wrote about that!”
"Better When I'm Dancin'" by Meghan Trainor was released as a promotional single from the soundtrack on October 13, 2015. The song, which is a tropical track, strays from Trainor's usual musical style, being described as "breezy and harmless" with traces of house music.
- ↑ Template:Cite av media Events occur at 8:03 (budget), 9:00 (Beck).
- ↑ Huver, Scott (July 17, 2015). INTERVIEW: CHRISTOPHE BECK COMPOSES "ANT-MAN'S" BIG SCORE. Comic Book Resources. Retrieved on July 19, 2015.
- ↑ Burlingame, Josh (August 19, 2015). How Composers Are Using (or Tossing) Classic TV Themes in Film Reboots. Variety. Retrieved on September 3, 2015.
- ↑ Guglielmi, Jodi (July 28, 2015). First Look: Meghan Trainor Writing Song for The Peanuts Movie – See Her as a Cartoon Character!. People. Retrieved on July 28, 2015.
- ↑ Meghan Trainor To Appear On ‘The Peanuts Movie’ Soundtrack. Idolator (July 29, 2015). Retrieved on October 21, 2015.
- ↑ Meghan Trainor’s “Feel Better When I’m Dancin'” From ‘The Peanuts Movie’: Listen To A Clip (October 9, 2015). Retrieved on October 10, 2015.
- ↑ Meghan Trainor Boogies With 'Peanuts' Gang in "Better When I'm Dancing" Video (October 15, 2015). Retrieved on October 10, 2015.